We require that all prospective parents follow the following procedures to enrol their child(ren) at Oasis Preparatory School:
1. Introductory School Tour
All prospective parents are required to book School Tour with our school secretary by phoning (033) 330 3456. These tours are run weekly and they will give you an opportunity to see the students and teachers in action, view our facilities but most of all understand our vision and values and will also give plenty of opportunity to ask questions. Click here to enquire about next available School Tour.
At the end of the School Tour each prospective parent will be given a copy of our Prospectus and Application Forms.
2. Fully complete and return the Application Form with required supporting documents.
All copies of ID/passports, birth certificates and school reports to be CERTIFIED. (Legal documentation required to indicate child living with guardian/s and not parents).
NB: FOREIGN PUPILS
- Diplomatic Status – Letter from employer stating parent’s employment.
- Certified copies of valid diplomatic passport.
- Non-SA Citizens – Parents to provide certified copy of SA residence permit and/or work permits.
- Foreign pupils – Proof of previous study visas and valid certified copies of passports.
- Parents to apply to the Department of Home Affairs for the pupil’s study visa.
3. Include a non-refundable application fee at time of handing in the Application Form.
(Bank Deposit, EFT or Debit Card Payment accepted). The proof of payment to be attached.
Please note that Application Forms will not be processed unless the above procedure has been followed, all relevant documentation is in order and the Application Fee has been paid. The Application Fee is charged per student is non-refundable.
4. Successful Credit Check
5. Student Entrance Test
Date of entrance test will be communicated via email, 2 weeks prior to assessment date. The purpose of this assessment is to ascertain your child's academic ability and for us to get to know the child a little bit. Please note that this will require you to take your child out of school for at least one day.
6. Parent Interview
Interview dates will be confirmed with parent via telephone call. Both parents are required to attend this meeting
7. Within 7 days of parent interview, parents will be notified as to the outcome of the application in writing. Successful applicants will be required to pay a non-refundable enrolment fee of one month’s school fees (per successful applicant) to secure their place at the School. This amount is to be paid into school account using your family code as a reference.